Dec 14, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
The other day the oddsmakers at Bovada had the Tigers as the favorite to win the World Series. They now have the Angels:
Los Angeles Angels World Series Odds pre-Josh Hamilton 12-1
Los Angeles Angels World Series Odds post-Josh Hamilton 15-2
Of course, this happened with them last year when they signed Albert Pujols too, so the lesson, as always, is that gambling on baseball is just really friggin’ stupid.
For what it’s worth, Bovada also sets the over/under on the Angels win total at 93 1/2, lays 18/1 odds on the Dodgers meeting the Angels in the World Series and lays 5/1 odds on Hamilton being suspended for substance abuse during the 2013 season.
The more you know.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)