Dec 14, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
The other day the oddsmakers at Bovada had the Tigers as the favorite to win the World Series. They now have the Angels:
Los Angeles Angels World Series Odds pre-Josh Hamilton 12-1
Los Angeles Angels World Series Odds post-Josh Hamilton 15-2
Of course, this happened with them last year when they signed Albert Pujols too, so the lesson, as always, is that gambling on baseball is just really friggin’ stupid.
For what it’s worth, Bovada also sets the over/under on the Angels win total at 93 1/2, lays 18/1 odds on the Dodgers meeting the Angels in the World Series and lays 5/1 odds on Hamilton being suspended for substance abuse during the 2013 season.
The more you know.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)