Dec 14, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
The other day the oddsmakers at Bovada had the Tigers as the favorite to win the World Series. They now have the Angels:
Los Angeles Angels World Series Odds pre-Josh Hamilton 12-1
Los Angeles Angels World Series Odds post-Josh Hamilton 15-2
Of course, this happened with them last year when they signed Albert Pujols too, so the lesson, as always, is that gambling on baseball is just really friggin’ stupid.
For what it’s worth, Bovada also sets the over/under on the Angels win total at 93 1/2, lays 18/1 odds on the Dodgers meeting the Angels in the World Series and lays 5/1 odds on Hamilton being suspended for substance abuse during the 2013 season.
The more you know.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 162
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (162)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)