Dec 14, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
The other day the oddsmakers at Bovada had the Tigers as the favorite to win the World Series. They now have the Angels:
Los Angeles Angels World Series Odds pre-Josh Hamilton 12-1
Los Angeles Angels World Series Odds post-Josh Hamilton 15-2
Of course, this happened with them last year when they signed Albert Pujols too, so the lesson, as always, is that gambling on baseball is just really friggin’ stupid.
For what it’s worth, Bovada also sets the over/under on the Angels win total at 93 1/2, lays 18/1 odds on the Dodgers meeting the Angels in the World Series and lays 5/1 odds on Hamilton being suspended for substance abuse during the 2013 season.
The more you know.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (250)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)