Dec 14, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
Bush has been in a Charlotte County jail since March on charges that he hit 72-year-old motorcyclist Tony Tufano with a vehicle while under the influence and fled the scene. Attorney Russell Kirshy declined to offer specifics on the plea agreement, but Bush’s father said it will involve a prison sentence of at least three years, not including the time he has already spent in prison.
“He’s taking it pretty good,” Daniel Bush said. “He’s not crying or sulking. He’s preparing for it. Everybody in our family is backing him up.”
Tufano suffered broken bones in his back, broken ribs, a collapsed lung and brain hemorrhaging as a result of the crash. While he is back home now, he is still dealing with physical issues.
The Rays placed Bush on the restricted list following his arrest and officially released him in October.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 78
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)