Dec 14, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
Bush has been in a Charlotte County jail since March on charges that he hit 72-year-old motorcyclist Tony Tufano with a vehicle while under the influence and fled the scene. Attorney Russell Kirshy declined to offer specifics on the plea agreement, but Bush’s father said it will involve a prison sentence of at least three years, not including the time he has already spent in prison.
“He’s taking it pretty good,” Daniel Bush said. “He’s not crying or sulking. He’s preparing for it. Everybody in our family is backing him up.”
Tufano suffered broken bones in his back, broken ribs, a collapsed lung and brain hemorrhaging as a result of the crash. While he is back home now, he is still dealing with physical issues.
The Rays placed Bush on the restricted list following his arrest and officially released him in October.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)