Great Moments in Twitter addiction

Dec 14, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT

Brandon McCarthy Getty Getty Images

Sometimes I think I have a Twitter problem. Then I realize that there are people worse off than me. Like Diamondbacks’ pitcher Brandon McCarthy, who talks about the scary moments after being hit in the head with that comebacker that caused him to have brain surgery:

“As early as being on the ambulance on the way to the hospital, I was trying to think up funny tweets, and right as I regained consciousness it was kind of back to the same thing”

The first step in dealing with addiction is admitting you have a problem, Brandon.

1. groundruledoublebourbon - Dec 14, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Man, seeing “Diamondbacks pitcher Brandon McCarthy” will take some getting used to.

Also, Brandon provides great Twitter entertainment. I hate to be an enabler to his addiction, but I hope he doesn’t kick this habit for some time! Love the transparency into a star athlete’s life — not enough McCarthy’s in sports.

• indaburg - Dec 14, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I agree, bourbon. McCarthy is one of my favorite Twitterers (Twitteri? Twitteratti?) He has the soul of a stand up comedian. That he was thinking funny crap to write while in and out of consciousness is not a sign of disease (and addiction is a disease–don’t let anyone tell you different). It’s a sign of strong constitution.

(But Craaaaiiig, I thought we’re not supposed to talk about anyone’s addiction problems, like, ever? I mean, really, how is McCarthy going to be able to pitch in Arizona with a Twitter problem? Don’t you know that there’s internet access everywhere in Phoenix? There’s wi-fi and 4G and broadband and maybe even dial-up if he really needs his fix.)

2. stex52 - Dec 14, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Me, I’d miss Amanda.

3. APBA Guy - Dec 14, 2012 at 6:52 PM

It’s not hard for us Oakland fans to get used to seeing Mr. _____ in a Diamondbacks uniform:

Trevor Cahill