Dec 14, 2012, 9:05 AM EST
UPDATE: Done deal. Heyman reports it’s a two-year, $13 million deal.
Thursday, 9:24 PM: Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News reports that the two sides are close to finalizing a two-year deal worth between $12-13 million. Just the “finishing touches” remain.
Thursday, 5:24 PM: Amid rumors that other teams have offered Ichiro Suzuki two-year deals Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that the 39-year-old outfielder is expected to re-sign with the Yankees for $12-$13 million.
Heyman makes it sound like all but a done deal, writing that the two sides are “still working on structure” before it can be official.
Calcaterra speculated this morning that the reports of two-year offers were an effort to get the Yankees to cave and give Suzuki two years, but it sounds like they’re sticking with the one-year commitment.
Feb 26, 2015, 7:15 PM EST
It will be Harvey’s first game action since he underwent Tommy John surgery 16 months ago.
Feb 26, 2015, 6:06 PM EST
Santana hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2012 due to injury.
Feb 26, 2015, 5:17 PM EST
“I think hanging it up is going to be harder for guys than they realize, after being out of it for a year.”
Feb 26, 2015, 3:40 PM EST
But it’s a very different kind of battle.
Feb 26, 2015, 3:18 PM EST
Milwaukee out, Toronto in?
Feb 26, 2015, 2:06 PM EST
Shame on A-Rod for making the reporters obsess about him.
Feb 26, 2015, 1:34 PM EST
Maybe THIS is the year he finally stops swinging at everything
Feb 26, 2015, 1:19 PM EST
Wainwright has been diagnosed with an abdominal strain.
Feb 26, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
It’s been two and a half years, but it still leaves a “dirty taste” in his mouth.
Feb 26, 2015, 11:47 AM EST
Pena once looked like a potential star for the Reds and Red Sox, but then washed out by age 26.
Feb 26, 2015, 11:32 AM EST
He also (a) wants to emulate Greg Maddux; and (b) asked Sandy Koufax about his curveball.
Feb 26, 2015, 11:00 AM EST
Welcome to 2002, Ruben Amaro!
Feb 26, 2015, 10:49 AM EST
It’s still early, but …
Feb 26, 2015, 10:23 AM EST
Two weeks ago Francisco Rodriguez was said to be holding out for a two-year contract.
Feb 26, 2015, 10:04 AM EST
The Marins are protecting their investment.
Feb 26, 2015, 9:37 AM EST
Even if Mike Lupica thinks they will be soon.
Feb 26, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
Spring training is starting poorly for Toronto.
Feb 26, 2015, 8:29 AM EST
I am confident that Major League Baseball will help Josh Hamilton find the help he needs. I do hope, however, that whatever else they do to him does not contribute to the tendency to treat addicts as miscreants.
Matt Kemp thinks the Padres have the best outfield in baseball. I don’t think he’s right about that.
Feb 26, 2015, 7:32 AM EST
He’s forgetting, it seems, that outfields also play defense.
Feb 25, 2015, 11:05 PM EST
Mark Ellis told Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle late Wednesday evening that he is retiring from baseball after 12 major league seasons.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 255
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 130
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (255)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (130)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)