NBC SportsTalk: reaction to the Josh Hamilton signing

Dec 14, 2012, 10:32 AM EDT

I was on NBC SportsTalk with Eric Kuselias last night, talking about the Josh Hamilton signing.

I apologize for using the phrase “truth bomb.”  I have been fined $250 for being so lame and will spend the next few weeks talking with middle schoolers about how to avoid going down the same dark and douchey roads on which I have traveled.

But anyway:

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. coloradogolfcoupons - Dec 14, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Not sorry this hypocrite is gone. He is a quitter, and the biggest excuse maker ever. Zero effort the last 4 months, and the easiest man to strike out without ever throwing a strike in the history of baseball. Glad the Angels signed him, guaranteed 3 K’s/game for our staff when we play them, and without ever throwing the ball over the plate And when he gets to Texas, the booing will make Arod look like the most popular Ranger ever. Hamilton is sensitive, and he will flop miserably in the Big A, which stands for “Arrogant” when talking about Hamilton. He won’t even watch video of opposing pitchers, because his ego is too big. He only plays when he wants, and makes excuses for everything. Good luck to the idiot owner of the Angels who threw bad money after bad money…Pujols

• fanofevilempire - Dec 14, 2012 at 11:15 AM

you better call Dr. Phil because you will have to see him18 times a year for 5 years.

heheheheheehehhehehhe

• fbwangus8736 - Dec 14, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Only if He plays more than 130 games in a season, which has happened only once in the last 5.

• stlouis1baseball - Dec 14, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Colorado:
      Your comment about Hamilton being a quitter is spot on.
      After all…Rehab (by definition)…IS for quitters.

• historiophiliac - Dec 14, 2012 at 1:35 PM

nicely done, woodpecker.

business must be good cuz you’ve been quieter lately.

2. phisticuffs - Dec 14, 2012 at 10:51 AM

This is the problem with a society that is overly tolerant of offenders. A modest fine and community service for “truth bomb”? This will won’t serve as a deterent, and soon we’ll see Craig doing his segments with a flipped up collar while wearing Crocs.

• Old Gator - Dec 14, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I agree. This is right up there with the Argentine sex slave conspiracy acquittals. Why aren’t we out in the streets hurling vile epithets? I’m so pissed off that I plan to spend the afternoon sitting in the shade of my gazebo in flower print Speedos™ reading Foucault’s Discipline and Punish while sipping a tall glass of iced Crystal Light pink lemonade with a spring of fresh picked mint.

• indaburg - Dec 14, 2012 at 11:07 AM

“I plan to spend the afternoon sitting in the shade of my gazebo in flower print Speedos™ reading Foucault’s Discipline and Punish while sipping a tall glass of iced Crystal Light pink lemonade with a spring of fresh picked mint.”

Please take a picture and share.

• Old Gator - Dec 14, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I would love to, but it’s such a pain to remove my camera from behind the Victorian sconce on the wall opposite my bed – what with the wire to the on switch running under the floorboards to the narrow space between my bed and night table, and all.

By the way, when did you say you were coming down to Macondo?

• indaburg - Dec 14, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I am hoping to go down when the Rays play the Feesh. May 29th or 30th. My plan is to scalp tickets and sneak in my own adult beverages so I don’t put a cent in old Scrooge’s pockets. I may have to go earlier though for the Invasive Species Festival. Of course, all of this is pending my survival of the First Annual Florida Python Hunting Contest.

• stlouis1baseball - Dec 14, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I was with you till’ the very end.
        But noooo…you had to screw it all up with the Crystal Light reference.
        Crystal Light sucks Gator. It sucks ass.

• Old Gator - Dec 14, 2012 at 1:44 PM

stlouisribs:

Not when I got done with it. If it’s the lemonade or pink lemonade (which they call “natural” lemonade on the label, doubtless interpreting every right and godmade particle in the universe as “natural” if it can exist on its own for more than a trillionth of a second) , I add a squirt of Aunt Minnie’s Key West Lime Juice to the pitcher to cut the chemical backtaste and give the stuff a little more tartness. And that sprig of mint sets just the right tone.

Just a little fertilizer for my tumor garden, is all.

• indaburg - Dec 14, 2012 at 11:04 AM

You’re right, phisticuffs. $250 is a drop in the bucket for a blogger. Craig should get at least a 100 game suspension in addition to a stiff fine. A second offense, and he’s banned permanently. We need to get tougher on these truth bombers. Everyone knows that harsh punishments are the only deterrent.

• fanofevilempire - Dec 14, 2012 at 11:17 AM

if you want pictures of Gator in a Speedo I have no problem with that, whatever floats ya boat…
        but please do not encourage him to just put them out there for us all to see.

this is a public service announcement.

• indaburg - Dec 14, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Gentlemen of a certain age in a Speedo™? Eh, that’s nothing. This is Florida. I saw three of them on my way to work.

• someguyinva - Dec 14, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I want to know why Craig was fined for his transgression, but Kuselias goes unpunished for his mention of Hamilton providing Pujols with protection in the lineup.

• historiophiliac - Dec 14, 2012 at 1:37 PM

We should write Bud letters to demand a crackdown.

• indaburg - Dec 14, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I shall write a stern letter.

• Old Gator - Dec 14, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Great, so it’ll wind up at the NBA office instead and they’ll slap Mark Cuban with the additional fines that should have been for Craig.

3. 606rooster - Dec 14, 2012 at 11:21 AM

You donkey he was addicted to crack not herion – get your facts straight………..

• philswfc08 - Dec 14, 2012 at 4:28 PM

crack is whack!

4. moogro - Dec 14, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Deeeeeeeemonzzzzzz! 2012?

5. beantown85 - Dec 15, 2012 at 10:44 AM

The thing that’s hilarious to me is how tori hunter was crying about the Red Sox spending more than the angels only to have Anaheim do the same thing. Not even sure what team that clown plays for but the angels have had no problem ponying up money the past few years.

Three legends off to Cooperstown