Dec 14, 2012, 9:51 AM EST
UPDATE: Bob Nightengale reports that, per Sanchez’s agent, Sanchez has agreed to a five-year, $80 million deal with the Tigers.
9:20 AM: Last night’s crazy uncertainty about Anibal Sanchez seems to be over. Jon Heyman just reported that the Cubs have pulled out of the bidding for Sanchez, which presumably means the Tigers are going to land him.
As of this morning, Ken Rosenthal said that the Cubs had upped their offer to five-years, $77.5 million. So, apparently, the Tigers topped that. Which is weird given that Heyman is hearing that they’re at $75 million. There has to be some sort of disconnect here. Either that’s old information on the Tigers’ last bid or else the Cubs pulled their $77.5 million offer off the table. Or, possibly, that was bad information.
Certainly confusing stuff, but understandable when a bidding war is afoot.
Nov 22, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
The Dodgers added some pitching depth, picking up Mike Bolsinger from the Diamondbacks on Saturday.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Wily Mo Pena could be back in the major leagues if the Twins are willing to play ball.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
Are they looking to hire a caddie?
Nov 22, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
The Rockies added a bit of pitching depth, signing John Lannan to a minor league deal.
Nov 22, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
The Giants have a Plan B if they can’t bring back Pablo Sandoval.
Nov 22, 2014, 5:25 PM EST
And the Giants are still in the mix, too.
Nov 22, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
Satin spent parts of the past four seasons in the majors with the Mets.
Nov 22, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
Blanco played for the Cubs from 2005-2008.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:14 AM EST
Yang won the Korean equivalent of the Cy Young award this season and the 26-year-old tops out at 92-95 miles per hour.
Nov 22, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
He figures to get a look as a backup outfielder for the Angels.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:10 AM EST
Boston is competing with San Francisco and San Diego for Sandoval.
Nov 21, 2014, 10:55 PM EST
The Mariners get an extra year to do whatever they want with Danny Hultzen.
Nov 21, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
If the Yankees can’t bring back David Robertson, Jason Grilli could be one option the club could look at.
Nov 21, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
The Orioles bolstered their organizational depth by signing Paul Janish on Friday.
Nov 21, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
The White Sox have signed first baseman Adam LaRoche to a two-year, $25 million deal.
Nov 21, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
The interest in free agent outfielder Torii Hunter has been lukewarm, but he represents a decent Plan B or C for a handful of teams.
Nov 21, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Andrew Miller is drawing significant interest in the free agent market, and he could even fetch a four-year deal.
Nov 21, 2014, 5:21 PM EST
Wakamatsu, Cash and Ibanez are the finalists.
Nov 21, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Can you see that happening? I have a hard time seeing that happen.
Nov 21, 2014, 3:10 PM EST
Joyce has been a productive regular for the Rays since 2010.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)