Dec 14, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Xavier Nady, who hit .184 in 59 games for the Nationals and Giants this year, has agreed to a minor-league contract with the Royals.
In addition to struggling in the majors Nady also hit .270 with six homers and an .872 OPS in 25 games at Triple-A, which is obviously far better production but still not all that impressive from a 33-year-old with a decade of big-league experience.
Once upon a time Nady with a productive everyday corner outfielder with 20-homer power, but he hasn’t topped a .750 OPS since 2008 and has failed to crack even a .700 OPS in three straight seasons. At best he’s a platoon guy with some value versus left-handed pitching.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 22
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 15
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)