Dec 14, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
Xavier Nady, who hit .184 in 59 games for the Nationals and Giants this year, has agreed to a minor-league contract with the Royals.
In addition to struggling in the majors Nady also hit .270 with six homers and an .872 OPS in 25 games at Triple-A, which is obviously far better production but still not all that impressive from a 33-year-old with a decade of big-league experience.
Once upon a time Nady with a productive everyday corner outfielder with 20-homer power, but he hasn’t topped a .750 OPS since 2008 and has failed to crack even a .700 OPS in three straight seasons. At best he’s a platoon guy with some value versus left-handed pitching.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)