Dec 14, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
Xavier Nady, who hit .184 in 59 games for the Nationals and Giants this year, has agreed to a minor-league contract with the Royals.
In addition to struggling in the majors Nady also hit .270 with six homers and an .872 OPS in 25 games at Triple-A, which is obviously far better production but still not all that impressive from a 33-year-old with a decade of big-league experience.
Once upon a time Nady with a productive everyday corner outfielder with 20-homer power, but he hasn’t topped a .750 OPS since 2008 and has failed to crack even a .700 OPS in three straight seasons. At best he’s a platoon guy with some value versus left-handed pitching.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 336
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (337)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)