Dec 14, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Xavier Nady, who hit .184 in 59 games for the Nationals and Giants this year, has agreed to a minor-league contract with the Royals.
In addition to struggling in the majors Nady also hit .270 with six homers and an .872 OPS in 25 games at Triple-A, which is obviously far better production but still not all that impressive from a 33-year-old with a decade of big-league experience.
Once upon a time Nady with a productive everyday corner outfielder with 20-homer power, but he hasn’t topped a .750 OPS since 2008 and has failed to crack even a .700 OPS in three straight seasons. At best he’s a platoon guy with some value versus left-handed pitching.
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 0
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 48
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)