Dec 14, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
Xavier Nady, who hit .184 in 59 games for the Nationals and Giants this year, has agreed to a minor-league contract with the Royals.
In addition to struggling in the majors Nady also hit .270 with six homers and an .872 OPS in 25 games at Triple-A, which is obviously far better production but still not all that impressive from a 33-year-old with a decade of big-league experience.
Once upon a time Nady with a productive everyday corner outfielder with 20-homer power, but he hasn’t topped a .750 OPS since 2008 and has failed to crack even a .700 OPS in three straight seasons. At best he’s a platoon guy with some value versus left-handed pitching.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40