Dec 14, 2012, 11:31 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal tweets:
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 14, 2012
The two sides aren’t too far apart on extension talks, but Rosenthal later tweeted that the Mets do not seem inclined to go much higher.
But really, the contract numbers seem way less important here than the value of starting pitching right now. If Anibal Sanchez and Zack Greinke are worth a gabillion dollars each, R.A. Dickey for $5 million in 2013 is incredible value. Some team may be willing to pony up real talent in exchange for that, and if they are, the Mets are obligated to do it, no? And I say this as a huge R.A. Dickey fanboy.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 62
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 215
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (215)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)