Dec 14, 2012, 11:31 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal tweets:
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 14, 2012
The two sides aren’t too far apart on extension talks, but Rosenthal later tweeted that the Mets do not seem inclined to go much higher.
But really, the contract numbers seem way less important here than the value of starting pitching right now. If Anibal Sanchez and Zack Greinke are worth a gabillion dollars each, R.A. Dickey for $5 million in 2013 is incredible value. Some team may be willing to pony up real talent in exchange for that, and if they are, the Mets are obligated to do it, no? And I say this as a huge R.A. Dickey fanboy.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 45
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106