Dec 14, 2012, 11:31 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal tweets:
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 14, 2012
The two sides aren’t too far apart on extension talks, but Rosenthal later tweeted that the Mets do not seem inclined to go much higher.
But really, the contract numbers seem way less important here than the value of starting pitching right now. If Anibal Sanchez and Zack Greinke are worth a gabillion dollars each, R.A. Dickey for $5 million in 2013 is incredible value. Some team may be willing to pony up real talent in exchange for that, and if they are, the Mets are obligated to do it, no? And I say this as a huge R.A. Dickey fanboy.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Live Extra: Watch Blackhawks-Red Wings Game 3
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins