Dec 14, 2012, 11:31 AM EST
Ken Rosenthal tweets:
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 14, 2012
The two sides aren’t too far apart on extension talks, but Rosenthal later tweeted that the Mets do not seem inclined to go much higher.
But really, the contract numbers seem way less important here than the value of starting pitching right now. If Anibal Sanchez and Zack Greinke are worth a gabillion dollars each, R.A. Dickey for $5 million in 2013 is incredible value. Some team may be willing to pony up real talent in exchange for that, and if they are, the Mets are obligated to do it, no? And I say this as a huge R.A. Dickey fanboy.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 43
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 94
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (122)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)