Dec 14, 2012, 11:31 AM EST
Ken Rosenthal tweets:
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 14, 2012
The two sides aren’t too far apart on extension talks, but Rosenthal later tweeted that the Mets do not seem inclined to go much higher.
But really, the contract numbers seem way less important here than the value of starting pitching right now. If Anibal Sanchez and Zack Greinke are worth a gabillion dollars each, R.A. Dickey for $5 million in 2013 is incredible value. Some team may be willing to pony up real talent in exchange for that, and if they are, the Mets are obligated to do it, no? And I say this as a huge R.A. Dickey fanboy.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40