Dec 14, 2012, 8:53 AM EDT
Wigginton can be used in a number of positions — he played at first, third and in the outfield last year — and represents some power off the bench. He hit a mere .235/.314/.375 last season for the Phillies, but did sock 11 homers in 360 plate appearances.
He’s 35. The Cardinals will be his seventh team. Which means that he’s approaching gold status in The Journeyman’s Club. One more team after this and he’ll have priority boarding and will be able to check two free bags on each flight.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 1
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)