Dec 14, 2012, 8:53 AM EDT
Wigginton can be used in a number of positions — he played at first, third and in the outfield last year — and represents some power off the bench. He hit a mere .235/.314/.375 last season for the Phillies, but did sock 11 homers in 360 plate appearances.
He’s 35. The Cardinals will be his seventh team. Which means that he’s approaching gold status in The Journeyman’s Club. One more team after this and he’ll have priority boarding and will be able to check two free bags on each flight.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)