Dec 14, 2012, 8:53 AM EDT
Wigginton can be used in a number of positions — he played at first, third and in the outfield last year — and represents some power off the bench. He hit a mere .235/.314/.375 last season for the Phillies, but did sock 11 homers in 360 plate appearances.
He’s 35. The Cardinals will be his seventh team. Which means that he’s approaching gold status in The Journeyman’s Club. One more team after this and he’ll have priority boarding and will be able to check two free bags on each flight.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)