Dec 14, 2012, 8:53 AM EDT
Wigginton can be used in a number of positions — he played at first, third and in the outfield last year — and represents some power off the bench. He hit a mere .235/.314/.375 last season for the Phillies, but did sock 11 homers in 360 plate appearances.
He’s 35. The Cardinals will be his seventh team. Which means that he’s approaching gold status in The Journeyman’s Club. One more team after this and he’ll have priority boarding and will be able to check two free bags on each flight.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 11
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)