Dec 14, 2012, 8:53 AM EST
Wigginton can be used in a number of positions — he played at first, third and in the outfield last year — and represents some power off the bench. He hit a mere .235/.314/.375 last season for the Phillies, but did sock 11 homers in 360 plate appearances.
He’s 35. The Cardinals will be his seventh team. Which means that he’s approaching gold status in The Journeyman’s Club. One more team after this and he’ll have priority boarding and will be able to check two free bags on each flight.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)