Dec 15, 2012, 8:24 PM EDT
2013: $15 million
2014: $15 million
2015: $23 million
2016: $30 million
2017: $30 million
The deal also includes a $10 million signing bonus, access to a luxury suite and a full no-trade clause. The remaining $2 million will be given to a charity.
It’s a pretty back-loaded contract, much like the 10-year, $240 million pact signed last offseason with Albert Pujols.
As our own D.J. Short notes on Twitter, the Angels will be paying Pujols and Hamilton a combined $55 million in 2016 and $56 million in 2017. And they’ll both be in their mid-to-late 30s at that point.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8