Dec 15, 2012, 8:24 PM EDT
2013: $15 million
2014: $15 million
2015: $23 million
2016: $30 million
2017: $30 million
The deal also includes a $10 million signing bonus, access to a luxury suite and a full no-trade clause. The remaining $2 million will be given to a charity.
It’s a pretty back-loaded contract, much like the 10-year, $240 million pact signed last offseason with Albert Pujols.
As our own D.J. Short notes on Twitter, the Angels will be paying Pujols and Hamilton a combined $55 million in 2016 and $56 million in 2017. And they’ll both be in their mid-to-late 30s at that point.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 6
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 19
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 43
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 32
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 23
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)