Dec 15, 2012, 8:24 PM EDT
2013: $15 million
2014: $15 million
2015: $23 million
2016: $30 million
2017: $30 million
The deal also includes a $10 million signing bonus, access to a luxury suite and a full no-trade clause. The remaining $2 million will be given to a charity.
It’s a pretty back-loaded contract, much like the 10-year, $240 million pact signed last offseason with Albert Pujols.
As our own D.J. Short notes on Twitter, the Angels will be paying Pujols and Hamilton a combined $55 million in 2016 and $56 million in 2017. And they’ll both be in their mid-to-late 30s at that point.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17