Dec 15, 2012, 8:24 PM EDT
2013: $15 million
2014: $15 million
2015: $23 million
2016: $30 million
2017: $30 million
The deal also includes a $10 million signing bonus, access to a luxury suite and a full no-trade clause. The remaining $2 million will be given to a charity.
It’s a pretty back-loaded contract, much like the 10-year, $240 million pact signed last offseason with Albert Pujols.
As our own D.J. Short notes on Twitter, the Angels will be paying Pujols and Hamilton a combined $55 million in 2016 and $56 million in 2017. And they’ll both be in their mid-to-late 30s at that point.
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 5
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 61
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 17
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 7
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 60
- World Series, Game 7: Giants vs. Royals lineups 3
- Remembering World Series Game 7s of the past 30 years 30
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (145)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)