Dec 15, 2012, 8:24 PM EDT
2013: $15 million
2014: $15 million
2015: $23 million
2016: $30 million
2017: $30 million
The deal also includes a $10 million signing bonus, access to a luxury suite and a full no-trade clause. The remaining $2 million will be given to a charity.
It’s a pretty back-loaded contract, much like the 10-year, $240 million pact signed last offseason with Albert Pujols.
As our own D.J. Short notes on Twitter, the Angels will be paying Pujols and Hamilton a combined $55 million in 2016 and $56 million in 2017. And they’ll both be in their mid-to-late 30s at that point.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 0
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 43
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 86
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)