Dec 15, 2012, 3:36 PM EST
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Phillies are “intensifying” their pursuit of free agent outfielder Cody Ross. They have some competition, though, as Rosenthal notes that the Mariners are among the teams who have shown interest.
Ross, who turns 32 later this month, is coming off a solid season with the Red Sox in which he batted .267/.326/.481 with 22 home runs, 81 RBI and an .807 OPS in 130 games. Previous reports have indicated that he’s looking for a three-year deal in the range of $25 million.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 44
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 32
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 50
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)