Dec 15, 2012, 3:36 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Phillies are “intensifying” their pursuit of free agent outfielder Cody Ross. They have some competition, though, as Rosenthal notes that the Mariners are among the teams who have shown interest.
Ross, who turns 32 later this month, is coming off a solid season with the Red Sox in which he batted .267/.326/.481 with 22 home runs, 81 RBI and an .807 OPS in 130 games. Previous reports have indicated that he’s looking for a three-year deal in the range of $25 million.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 35
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)