Dec 15, 2012, 3:36 PM EST
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Phillies are “intensifying” their pursuit of free agent outfielder Cody Ross. They have some competition, though, as Rosenthal notes that the Mariners are among the teams who have shown interest.
Ross, who turns 32 later this month, is coming off a solid season with the Red Sox in which he batted .267/.326/.481 with 22 home runs, 81 RBI and an .807 OPS in 130 games. Previous reports have indicated that he’s looking for a three-year deal in the range of $25 million.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)