Dec 15, 2012, 3:36 PM EST
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Phillies are “intensifying” their pursuit of free agent outfielder Cody Ross. They have some competition, though, as Rosenthal notes that the Mariners are among the teams who have shown interest.
Ross, who turns 32 later this month, is coming off a solid season with the Red Sox in which he batted .267/.326/.481 with 22 home runs, 81 RBI and an .807 OPS in 130 games. Previous reports have indicated that he’s looking for a three-year deal in the range of $25 million.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (167)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)