Dec 15, 2012, 3:36 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Phillies are “intensifying” their pursuit of free agent outfielder Cody Ross. They have some competition, though, as Rosenthal notes that the Mariners are among the teams who have shown interest.
Ross, who turns 32 later this month, is coming off a solid season with the Red Sox in which he batted .267/.326/.481 with 22 home runs, 81 RBI and an .807 OPS in 130 games. Previous reports have indicated that he’s looking for a three-year deal in the range of $25 million.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)