Dec 15, 2012, 1:55 PM EDT
I mentioned a little earlier how the Angels have a bit of a logjam of hitters after signing outfielder Josh Hamilton to a five-year, $125 million contract this week. Per Jim Bowden of ESPN.com and Sirius XM radio, plenty of teams are already trying to take advantage of the team’s surplus.
Multiple AL clubs in play for Kendrys Morales as it appears Halos want to hold on to both Trumbo & Bourjos.possible destinations? TB Hou Cle—
JIM BOWDEN (@JimBowdenESPNxm) December 15, 2012
After missing the entire 2011 season following a freak leg injury in 2010, Morales batted .273/.320/.467 with 22 home runs, 73 RBI and a .787 OPS over 134 games this past season. The 29-year-old is set to get a raise in arbitration from the $2.95 million base salary he earned in 2012 and can become a free agent next winter, but he could be a pretty nice fit with teams who are looking to fill a void at DH or first base.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)