Dec 15, 2012, 1:55 PM EDT
I mentioned a little earlier how the Angels have a bit of a logjam of hitters after signing outfielder Josh Hamilton to a five-year, $125 million contract this week. Per Jim Bowden of ESPN.com and Sirius XM radio, plenty of teams are already trying to take advantage of the team’s surplus.
Multiple AL clubs in play for Kendrys Morales as it appears Halos want to hold on to both Trumbo & Bourjos.possible destinations? TB Hou Cle—
JIM BOWDEN (@JimBowdenESPNxm) December 15, 2012
After missing the entire 2011 season following a freak leg injury in 2010, Morales batted .273/.320/.467 with 22 home runs, 73 RBI and a .787 OPS over 134 games this past season. The 29-year-old is set to get a raise in arbitration from the $2.95 million base salary he earned in 2012 and can become a free agent next winter, but he could be a pretty nice fit with teams who are looking to fill a void at DH or first base.
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 14
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 8
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 51
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 95
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)