Dec 16, 2012, 2:08 PM EST
We’re finally nearing the finish line, folks.
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, the Mets and Blue Jays have agreed “in principle” on a seven-player trade that will send knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, catcher Josh Thole and a (non-elite) prospect to Toronto in exchange for catcher Travis d’Arnaud, right-handed pitcher Noah Syndergaard, catcher John Buck and a (non-elite) prospect.
The only hold-up at this point is a 72-hour negotiating window which the Blue Jays will use to attempt to work out a contract extension with their new ace.
That negotiating window expires on Tuesday at 2 p.m. ET.
Dickey, who’s owed just $5 million in 2013, posted a 2.73 ERA, 1.05 WHIP and 230/54 K/BB ratio in 233 2/3 innings this summer for New York en route to capturing Cy Young Award honors in the National League.
Syndergaard and d’Arnaud ranked third and first, respectively, on Baseball America‘s most recent listing of the Blue Jays’ Top 10 prospects. They should be great pieces to build around for the Metropolitans.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)