Dec 16, 2012, 2:08 PM EDT
We’re finally nearing the finish line, folks.
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, the Mets and Blue Jays have agreed “in principle” on a seven-player trade that will send knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, catcher Josh Thole and a (non-elite) prospect to Toronto in exchange for catcher Travis d’Arnaud, right-handed pitcher Noah Syndergaard, catcher John Buck and a (non-elite) prospect.
The only hold-up at this point is a 72-hour negotiating window which the Blue Jays will use to attempt to work out a contract extension with their new ace.
That negotiating window expires on Tuesday at 2 p.m. ET.
Dickey, who’s owed just $5 million in 2013, posted a 2.73 ERA, 1.05 WHIP and 230/54 K/BB ratio in 233 2/3 innings this summer for New York en route to capturing Cy Young Award honors in the National League.
Syndergaard and d’Arnaud ranked third and first, respectively, on Baseball America‘s most recent listing of the Blue Jays’ Top 10 prospects. They should be great pieces to build around for the Metropolitans.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 8
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 10
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 11
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 74
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)