Dec 16, 2012, 2:08 PM EDT
We’re finally nearing the finish line, folks.
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, the Mets and Blue Jays have agreed “in principle” on a seven-player trade that will send knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, catcher Josh Thole and a (non-elite) prospect to Toronto in exchange for catcher Travis d’Arnaud, right-handed pitcher Noah Syndergaard, catcher John Buck and a (non-elite) prospect.
The only hold-up at this point is a 72-hour negotiating window which the Blue Jays will use to attempt to work out a contract extension with their new ace.
That negotiating window expires on Tuesday at 2 p.m. ET.
Dickey, who’s owed just $5 million in 2013, posted a 2.73 ERA, 1.05 WHIP and 230/54 K/BB ratio in 233 2/3 innings this summer for New York en route to capturing Cy Young Award honors in the National League.
Syndergaard and d’Arnaud ranked third and first, respectively, on Baseball America‘s most recent listing of the Blue Jays’ Top 10 prospects. They should be great pieces to build around for the Metropolitans.
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)