Dec 16, 2012, 5:01 PM EST
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer reports that free agent Nick Swisher is scheduled to visit Indians officials at Progressive Field on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. He will presumably be presented with an offer at some point during the trip.
Swisher hit .272/.364/.473 with 24 home runs and 93 RBI in 148 games this summer for the Yankees. The 32-year-old is a .256/.361/.467 career hitter in the major leagues and has averaged 23 homers per season.
The Indians made a four-year, $44 million offer to Shane Victorino earlier this winter before he signed with Boston. One wonders if they’ll simply direct that same exact same proposal in the direction of Swisher.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)