Dec 16, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer reports that free agent Nick Swisher is scheduled to visit Indians officials at Progressive Field on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. He will presumably be presented with an offer at some point during the trip.
Swisher hit .272/.364/.473 with 24 home runs and 93 RBI in 148 games this summer for the Yankees. The 32-year-old is a .256/.361/.467 career hitter in the major leagues and has averaged 23 homers per season.
The Indians made a four-year, $44 million offer to Shane Victorino earlier this winter before he signed with Boston. One wonders if they’ll simply direct that same exact same proposal in the direction of Swisher.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (250)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)