Dec 16, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer reports that free agent Nick Swisher is scheduled to visit Indians officials at Progressive Field on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. He will presumably be presented with an offer at some point during the trip.
Swisher hit .272/.364/.473 with 24 home runs and 93 RBI in 148 games this summer for the Yankees. The 32-year-old is a .256/.361/.467 career hitter in the major leagues and has averaged 23 homers per season.
The Indians made a four-year, $44 million offer to Shane Victorino earlier this winter before he signed with Boston. One wonders if they’ll simply direct that same exact same proposal in the direction of Swisher.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 40
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)