Dec 16, 2012, 5:01 PM EST
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer reports that free agent Nick Swisher is scheduled to visit Indians officials at Progressive Field on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. He will presumably be presented with an offer at some point during the trip.
Swisher hit .272/.364/.473 with 24 home runs and 93 RBI in 148 games this summer for the Yankees. The 32-year-old is a .256/.361/.467 career hitter in the major leagues and has averaged 23 homers per season.
The Indians made a four-year, $44 million offer to Shane Victorino earlier this winter before he signed with Boston. One wonders if they’ll simply direct that same exact same proposal in the direction of Swisher.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 69
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 23
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)