Dec 16, 2012, 5:01 PM EST
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer reports that free agent Nick Swisher is scheduled to visit Indians officials at Progressive Field on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. He will presumably be presented with an offer at some point during the trip.
Swisher hit .272/.364/.473 with 24 home runs and 93 RBI in 148 games this summer for the Yankees. The 32-year-old is a .256/.361/.467 career hitter in the major leagues and has averaged 23 homers per season.
The Indians made a four-year, $44 million offer to Shane Victorino earlier this winter before he signed with Boston. One wonders if they’ll simply direct that same exact same proposal in the direction of Swisher.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)