Dec 17, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
LaRoche continues to want a three-year deal–which would be similar to Mike Napoli‘s contract with the Red Sox–and the Nationals aren’t budging on two years, no doubt due in part to having Michael Morse as a pretty nice fallback option at first base should LaRoche go elsewhere.
If they do re-sign LaRoche it could lead to Morse being traded, which might suggest the Nationals want to know one way or another soon, but according to Ladson’s source “nothing has changed since the season came to an end.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)