Dec 17, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
LaRoche continues to want a three-year deal–which would be similar to Mike Napoli‘s contract with the Red Sox–and the Nationals aren’t budging on two years, no doubt due in part to having Michael Morse as a pretty nice fallback option at first base should LaRoche go elsewhere.
If they do re-sign LaRoche it could lead to Morse being traded, which might suggest the Nationals want to know one way or another soon, but according to Ladson’s source “nothing has changed since the season came to an end.”
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)