Dec 17, 2012, 9:25 AM EDT
Josh Hamilton’s wife Katie spoke briefly at the press conference introducing Hamilton as a Los Angeles Angel. Her take on the Rangers’ negotiating approach:
“They let us go out and date other people and kind of give our hearts away,” Katie Hamilton said. “I’m so glad they didn’t (push hard to re-sign Hamilton.) We feel so strongly this is where God has moved us and planted us.”
So Jon Daniels slammed Hamilton for not giving some right of refusal that Hamilton was under no obligation to give and then Hamilton’s wife slams the Rangers for not, I dunno, showing some sort of lover’s devotion to Hamilton. This in an industry where everyone always talks about how business is business. Oh well. Probably best that they’re breaking up. Everyone seems too clingy here.
In other news, you ever notice that when God is involved in free agent signings like Katie Hamilton said was the case here, that He never “moves and plants” the players in question to a team that didn’t make the best financial offer? Funny how that works.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)