Dec 17, 2012, 9:25 AM EDT
Josh Hamilton’s wife Katie spoke briefly at the press conference introducing Hamilton as a Los Angeles Angel. Her take on the Rangers’ negotiating approach:
“They let us go out and date other people and kind of give our hearts away,” Katie Hamilton said. “I’m so glad they didn’t (push hard to re-sign Hamilton.) We feel so strongly this is where God has moved us and planted us.”
So Jon Daniels slammed Hamilton for not giving some right of refusal that Hamilton was under no obligation to give and then Hamilton’s wife slams the Rangers for not, I dunno, showing some sort of lover’s devotion to Hamilton. This in an industry where everyone always talks about how business is business. Oh well. Probably best that they’re breaking up. Everyone seems too clingy here.
In other news, you ever notice that when God is involved in free agent signings like Katie Hamilton said was the case here, that He never “moves and plants” the players in question to a team that didn’t make the best financial offer? Funny how that works.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (118)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)