Dec 17, 2012, 5:13 PM EDT
Well, this is a new one.
MLB just announced that Rays minor leaguer Cody Rogers has been suspended 50 games for “refusing to take an offseason drug test.”
Rogers, a 24-year-old outfielder who was a seventh-round draft pick in 2009, spent this season hitting .244 with four homers and a .655 OPS in 112 games at high Single-A.
I guess technically he can now claim to have not actually failed the drug test, but … well, the punishment is the same anyway.
Sort of reminds me of Jerry Seinfeld choosing not to run the race back in the ninth grade.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)