Dec 17, 2012, 11:29 AM EST
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal reports that the extension is two-years and $25 million, which is what he wanted from the Mets.
Sources are now saying that negotiations with Dickey have ended successfully at an affordable rate and that the next step before an announcement can be made is for Jays’ medical staff to examine the righthander at their spring training headquarters in Florida.
The sides have until 2pm tomorrow to make it happen, but Griffin says that time “won’t be necessary” and that the deal could be announced this evening.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)