Dec 17, 2012, 7:23 AM EDT
Thanks in part to recovery from an ankle injury Drew hit just .223/.309/.348 in 327 plate appearances this past season between the D’Backs and A’s, but he drew interest from several teams, including Tigers, Yankees and Athletics. But the Red Sox have him and, as Heyman notes, will use him as a stopgap between now and the time when either Jose Iglesias or Xander Bogaerts are ready.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)