Dec 18, 2012, 3:48 PM EST
He’s coming off a career-year in which he hit .278 with 27 homers and an .827 OPS in 135 games for the White Sox, but 35-year-old catchers tend not to be such good bets and Pierzynski last topped an .800 OPS in 2003.
Right now Geovany Soto sits top the Rangers’ catching depth chart, but a Pierzynski-Soto platoon could be very productive matched up based on lefties/righties.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)