Dec 18, 2012, 4:23 PM EDT
Because he really needs an upgrade in his offseason appearance schedule. As it is, he’s going to appear on December 26 at the Baseball Legends expo at Quechan Casino Resort near Yuma. In the company of some fellow major leaguers:
The famous players coming to Yuma for the event are Cecil Fielder, Rudy Seánez, Kenneth Landreaux, Tim Raines and Kevin Mitchell.
No disrespect to those guys, but Tim Raines is in a class above. He should be signing autographs at casino events in larger cities, with Hall of Famers, not occasional All-Stars!
Or I guess we can just vote him in because he was one of the best players in baseball throughout his career. Still, any evidence we can marshal in support …
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)