Dec 18, 2012, 1:49 PM EDT
According to Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes the 32-year-old right-hander will get $1.85 million and the contract also includes a $3.25 million option or $150,000 buyout for 2014.
Veras threw 67 innings with a 3.63 ERA and 79/40 K/BB ratio for Milwaukee and has posted a sub-4.00 ERA in four of his five full seasons in the majors, balancing poor control with big strikeout totals.
He’s mostly been a middle reliever, but should get a chance to handle some high-leverage innings in Houston.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)