Dec 18, 2012, 1:49 PM EDT
According to Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes the 32-year-old right-hander will get $1.85 million and the contract also includes a $3.25 million option or $150,000 buyout for 2014.
Veras threw 67 innings with a 3.63 ERA and 79/40 K/BB ratio for Milwaukee and has posted a sub-4.00 ERA in four of his five full seasons in the majors, balancing poor control with big strikeout totals.
He’s mostly been a middle reliever, but should get a chance to handle some high-leverage innings in Houston.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 12
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)