Dec 18, 2012, 1:49 PM EDT
According to Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes the 32-year-old right-hander will get $1.85 million and the contract also includes a $3.25 million option or $150,000 buyout for 2014.
Veras threw 67 innings with a 3.63 ERA and 79/40 K/BB ratio for Milwaukee and has posted a sub-4.00 ERA in four of his five full seasons in the majors, balancing poor control with big strikeout totals.
He’s mostly been a middle reliever, but should get a chance to handle some high-leverage innings in Houston.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 49
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)