Dec 18, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Lewis would have been a free agent this offseason, but instead signed a one-year, $2 million deal with the Rangers in September that includes $4 million in potential incentives.
As of last month he was targeting a June return, so any setbacks could potentially put his entire season in some doubt, but T.R. Sullivan writes that so far at least he’s progressed well enough that Lewis’ timetable might be pushed up a bit.
Before being shut down Lewis had a 3.43 ERA and 93/14 K/BB ratio in 105 innings.
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 8
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 15
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)