Dec 18, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Lewis would have been a free agent this offseason, but instead signed a one-year, $2 million deal with the Rangers in September that includes $4 million in potential incentives.
As of last month he was targeting a June return, so any setbacks could potentially put his entire season in some doubt, but T.R. Sullivan writes that so far at least he’s progressed well enough that Lewis’ timetable might be pushed up a bit.
Before being shut down Lewis had a 3.43 ERA and 93/14 K/BB ratio in 105 innings.
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 26
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (99)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)