Dec 18, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Lewis would have been a free agent this offseason, but instead signed a one-year, $2 million deal with the Rangers in September that includes $4 million in potential incentives.
As of last month he was targeting a June return, so any setbacks could potentially put his entire season in some doubt, but T.R. Sullivan writes that so far at least he’s progressed well enough that Lewis’ timetable might be pushed up a bit.
Before being shut down Lewis had a 3.43 ERA and 93/14 K/BB ratio in 105 innings.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)