Dec 18, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Lewis would have been a free agent this offseason, but instead signed a one-year, $2 million deal with the Rangers in September that includes $4 million in potential incentives.
As of last month he was targeting a June return, so any setbacks could potentially put his entire season in some doubt, but T.R. Sullivan writes that so far at least he’s progressed well enough that Lewis’ timetable might be pushed up a bit.
Before being shut down Lewis had a 3.43 ERA and 93/14 K/BB ratio in 105 innings.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 32
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 16
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 23
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 41
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)