Dec 18, 2012, 12:33 PM EST
Not meaning to pick on Buster here because a lot of people say stuff like this, but …
Here’s why the Tigers are so dangerous: If Verlander, Scherzer, Fister, Sanchez make 125 starts, as part of AL Central, DET will win 100.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) December 18, 2012
That goes well with the Phillies 2010-2011 offseason championship and the Red Sox in 2011-2012. If I remember correctly, the Red Sox also broke the record for most wins in a season and books were written about the greatness of that four aces Phillies rotation.
Oh, wait. Books were written about those guys. The point still stands.
In any event, this holiday season, please predict responsibly.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)