Dec 18, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Not meaning to pick on Buster here because a lot of people say stuff like this, but …
Here’s why the Tigers are so dangerous: If Verlander, Scherzer, Fister, Sanchez make 125 starts, as part of AL Central, DET will win 100.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) December 18, 2012
That goes well with the Phillies 2010-2011 offseason championship and the Red Sox in 2011-2012. If I remember correctly, the Red Sox also broke the record for most wins in a season and books were written about the greatness of that four aces Phillies rotation.
Oh, wait. Books were written about those guys. The point still stands.
In any event, this holiday season, please predict responsibly.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 27
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 44
- Rangers “close to getting” Phillies ace Cole Hamels 55
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 65
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)