Dec 18, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Not meaning to pick on Buster here because a lot of people say stuff like this, but …
Here’s why the Tigers are so dangerous: If Verlander, Scherzer, Fister, Sanchez make 125 starts, as part of AL Central, DET will win 100.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) December 18, 2012
That goes well with the Phillies 2010-2011 offseason championship and the Red Sox in 2011-2012. If I remember correctly, the Red Sox also broke the record for most wins in a season and books were written about the greatness of that four aces Phillies rotation.
Oh, wait. Books were written about those guys. The point still stands.
In any event, this holiday season, please predict responsibly.
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 7
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 16
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)