Dec 18, 2012, 8:50 AM EST
Rangers GM Jon Daniels backed all this up with a lot of “we’re happy with our team” talk, but it’s not often you hear a GM say that they’re frustrated at how their offseason is going:
… we were in on Greinke. We would’ve liked to have had him, but it didn’t work out. We were interested in bringing Josh back, didn’t work out … Is there some frustration? Sure. We’re competitors too, and this is the time of year we try to do what we do.
So, do they take that frustration out on a big contract for Michael Bourn? Or maybe Nick Swisher? Or are the Rangers truly the AL West’s Yankees: that team that, each winter, people think is due for a fall while its competitors get better, only to get into the season and once again find themselves in first place?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)