Dec 18, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
Rangers GM Jon Daniels backed all this up with a lot of “we’re happy with our team” talk, but it’s not often you hear a GM say that they’re frustrated at how their offseason is going:
… we were in on Greinke. We would’ve liked to have had him, but it didn’t work out. We were interested in bringing Josh back, didn’t work out … Is there some frustration? Sure. We’re competitors too, and this is the time of year we try to do what we do.
So, do they take that frustration out on a big contract for Michael Bourn? Or maybe Nick Swisher? Or are the Rangers truly the AL West’s Yankees: that team that, each winter, people think is due for a fall while its competitors get better, only to get into the season and once again find themselves in first place?
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 13
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 55
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte