Dec 18, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
I’m sure this isn’t all that unusual, but Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com passes along this noteworthy detail in Josh Hamilton‘s five-year, $125 million contract with the Angels:
Interesting clause in Josh Hamilton’s contract with #Angels: Team will donate $400,000 per year to his charity, total of $2M for five years.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 18, 2012
The money will go to Hamilton’s charity, “The Four Twelve Foundation.” And because of that stipulation MLB has officially “valued” the contract at $123 million rather than $125 million.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 20
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 143
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 39
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 23