Dec 18, 2012, 10:14 PM EDT
But that’s apparently not going on anymore.
According to Jim Bowden of ESPN and Sirius XM, the Padres are “out” on Jackson because he wants at least a four-year contract and the San Diego front office isn’t willing to commit that long to him. Bowden says Jackson is now deciding between the Cubs and Rangers, and it sure sounds like he could settle on a destination by the conclusion of this week. The chips are falling, people.
Jackson posted a 4.03 ERA and 1.22 WHIP across 31 starts in 2012 for the Nationals, fanning 168 batters and issuing only 58 walks in 189 2/3 innings. He got rocked by St. Louis in his one postseason outing.
The 29-year-old, who has also pitched for the Dodgers, Rays, Tigers, Diamondbacks, White Sox and Cardinals, owns a 4.40 career ERA and a 1.44 career WHIP. He is represented by agent Greg Genske.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 32
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)