Dec 18, 2012, 10:14 PM EDT
But that’s apparently not going on anymore.
According to Jim Bowden of ESPN and Sirius XM, the Padres are “out” on Jackson because he wants at least a four-year contract and the San Diego front office isn’t willing to commit that long to him. Bowden says Jackson is now deciding between the Cubs and Rangers, and it sure sounds like he could settle on a destination by the conclusion of this week. The chips are falling, people.
Jackson posted a 4.03 ERA and 1.22 WHIP across 31 starts in 2012 for the Nationals, fanning 168 batters and issuing only 58 walks in 189 2/3 innings. He got rocked by St. Louis in his one postseason outing.
The 29-year-old, who has also pitched for the Dodgers, Rays, Tigers, Diamondbacks, White Sox and Cardinals, owns a 4.40 career ERA and a 1.44 career WHIP. He is represented by agent Greg Genske.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 100
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)