Dec 18, 2012, 5:09 PM EDT
Normally I wouldn’t think much of it, but after a week of some snippy back and forths between the Mets and R.A. Dickey, I’m gonna assume that his comments at his introductory presser with the Blue Jays — were a slam at the Mets:
“I can’t tell you how excited I am to be a part of an organization that’s committed to winning.”
He didn’t say “actually” between “that’s” and “committed” but I choose to hear it in his tone.
Of course, whether paying a 38 year-old pitcher for three years shows a greater commitment to winning than bringing in a couple of great young prospects who could be part of good Mets teams for a while is an open question. But probably not to someone in Dickey’s position.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)