Dec 18, 2012, 4:46 PM EST
Making official what was reported as nearly done last week, the Rays have agreed to a one-year contract with Roberto Hernandez (formerly known as Fausto Carmona).
According to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times he’ll get $3.25 million in guaranteed money and $1.85 million in potential incentives, which is a pretty nice score for a guy who threw all of 14 innings this year and has posted an ERA below 5.00 once since 2008.
Hernandez is expected to compete for a rotation spot, but Topkin notes that some of his incentives are based on relief appearances. Carmona hasn’t worked as a reliever since his rookie season with the Indians in 2006.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 54
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 20
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (256)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)