Dec 18, 2012, 2:28 PM EST
Nick Swisher is taking a “sign me, brah!” tour and is meeting with the Indians today. And apparently this is happening:
Told Progressive Field lights are on and Nick Swisher’s face is on scoreboard as team tries to land free agent, who is visiting today.
— Tom Withers (@twithersAP) December 18, 2012
Why do I think most teams wouldn’t do this? At least not for someone who is less than a top shelf superstar? Brandon McCarthy sums it up nicely:
what is he a HS recruit? RT @twithersap Progressive Field lights are on and Nick Swisher’s face is on scoreboard as team tries to land FA
— Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32) December 18, 2012
It does seem a bit silly. But at least the Tribe is giving him the full in-season experience. You know, what with an empty stadium and all.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)