Dec 18, 2012, 2:28 PM EDT
Nick Swisher is taking a “sign me, brah!” tour and is meeting with the Indians today. And apparently this is happening:
Told Progressive Field lights are on and Nick Swisher’s face is on scoreboard as team tries to land free agent, who is visiting today.
— Tom Withers (@twithersAP) December 18, 2012
Why do I think most teams wouldn’t do this? At least not for someone who is less than a top shelf superstar? Brandon McCarthy sums it up nicely:
what is he a HS recruit? RT @twithersap Progressive Field lights are on and Nick Swisher’s face is on scoreboard as team tries to land FA
— Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32) December 18, 2012
It does seem a bit silly. But at least the Tribe is giving him the full in-season experience. You know, what with an empty stadium and all.
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 31
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 40
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL