Dec 18, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
With Anibal Sanchez locked up the Tigers rotation looks pretty spiffy:
Six legit major league starters for five slots is not a bad position to be in. You can keep ‘em all and have some nice pitching depth. Or, if you have some other holes to fill, you could deal one. Which may very well be what Dave Dombrowski plans on doing:
Tigers are taking calls on Smyly as well as Porcello. Not committed to trading either one, but with tons of interest, I’m guessing one goes.
— DKnobler (@DKnobler) December 18, 2012
We already heard about the Tigers fielding interest on Porcello, but one wonders if Smyly wouldn’t bring greater value. With only one year under his belt, Smyly already looks pretty good: a good strikeout rate, not particularly lucky on balls in play. In this market a cheap, solid pitcher should bring a lot of value. It’ll be interesting to see what the Tigers do with him.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)