Dec 19, 2012, 12:12 PM EDT
Apparently the Rangers were busy yesterday.
Not only was A.J. Pierzynski in Texas for a meet-and-greet with team officials, Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that Cody Ross had dinner with a group that included manager Ron Washington and general manager Jon Daniels.
Various reports all offseason have Ross waiting for a three-year offer from someone after hitting .267 with 22 homers and an .807 OPS in 130 games for the Red Sox.
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 4
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 30
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (105)