Dec 19, 2012, 8:55 PM EDT
Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com has the scoop:
The Dodgers are showing interest in Pirates closer Joel Hanrahan, but they have a little company. The Red Sox are said to have an interest as well.
Hanrahan boasts a spectacular 2.24 ERA, 1.15 WHIP and 9.0 K/9 in 128 1/3 innings since the start of the 2011 season and has converted 76 saves in 84 opportunities for the Pirates during that span.
The 31-year-old is entering his third and final season of arbitration-eligibility. He made $4.1 million in 2012.
Jason Grilli would probably take over ninth-inning duties in Pittsburgh if Hanrahan is dealt this winter.
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 0
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 48
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 3
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 74
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 33
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (168)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (100)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)