Dec 19, 2012, 8:55 PM EST
Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com has the scoop:
The Dodgers are showing interest in Pirates closer Joel Hanrahan, but they have a little company. The Red Sox are said to have an interest as well.
Hanrahan boasts a spectacular 2.24 ERA, 1.15 WHIP and 9.0 K/9 in 128 1/3 innings since the start of the 2011 season and has converted 76 saves in 84 opportunities for the Pirates during that span.
The 31-year-old is entering his third and final season of arbitration-eligibility. He made $4.1 million in 2012.
Jason Grilli would probably take over ninth-inning duties in Pittsburgh if Hanrahan is dealt this winter.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 129
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 21
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 244
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (254)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)