Dec 19, 2012, 10:37 AM EDT
How desperate are the Marlins for a third baseman?
Tejada is 38. Polanco is 37. Inge is 35. And none of them have posted an OPS above .750 in the past three seasons.
Tejada didn’t even play in the majors this year after hitting .239 with a .596 OPS in 91 games for the Giants in 2011. Polanco and Inge have both been terrible and mostly injured for the past two seasons.
But hey, they’ll be cheap.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)