Dec 19, 2012, 10:37 AM EDT
How desperate are the Marlins for a third baseman?
Tejada is 38. Polanco is 37. Inge is 35. And none of them have posted an OPS above .750 in the past three seasons.
Tejada didn’t even play in the majors this year after hitting .239 with a .596 OPS in 91 games for the Giants in 2011. Polanco and Inge have both been terrible and mostly injured for the past two seasons.
But hey, they’ll be cheap.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 15
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 43
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut