Dec 19, 2012, 10:37 AM EST
How desperate are the Marlins for a third baseman?
Tejada is 38. Polanco is 37. Inge is 35. And none of them have posted an OPS above .750 in the past three seasons.
Tejada didn’t even play in the majors this year after hitting .239 with a .596 OPS in 91 games for the Giants in 2011. Polanco and Inge have both been terrible and mostly injured for the past two seasons.
But hey, they’ll be cheap.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)