Dec 19, 2012, 10:37 AM EST
How desperate are the Marlins for a third baseman?
Tejada is 38. Polanco is 37. Inge is 35. And none of them have posted an OPS above .750 in the past three seasons.
Tejada didn’t even play in the majors this year after hitting .239 with a .596 OPS in 91 games for the Giants in 2011. Polanco and Inge have both been terrible and mostly injured for the past two seasons.
But hey, they’ll be cheap.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 0
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 21
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)