Dodgers reliever Ronald Belisario kicked off winter ball team

Dec 20, 2012, 8:57 AM EDT

ronald-belisario-dodgers2

Dodgers reliever Ronald Belisario, who was suspended for the entire 2011 season following a positive cocaine test, has been kicked off his winter ball team in Venezuela.

Belisario has been removed from the roster due to undisclosed disciplinary reasons and will not play for the remainder of the winter ball season, according to Steve Dilbeck of the Los Angeles Times.

Ultimas Noticias in Venezuela reports that Belisario asked for a personal leave of absence from the team and then did not return when scheduled, at which point they booted him. Belisario claims he returned when scheduled, but still got kicked off the team because he’d been having issues with the general manager.

Belisario was very effective for the Dodgers this past season, throwing 71 innings with a 2.54 ERA, but he was terrible in 2010 and missed all of 2011 on suspension. None of this should effect his status with the Dodgers.

1. proudlycanadian - Dec 20, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Good morning Aaron. I see that Craig and DJ are on vacation. When do you get your time off?

• Old Gator - Dec 20, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Thought of you this morning, PC – I scalded my goose for Kwanzaa dinner (Publix was completely out of wildebeest and zebra) this morning. Now, two interminable days of drying it out in the fridge. Time to spend wisely searching for really large, fresh sage leaves among the proliferating and astonishingly overpriced natural food markets meanwhile.

• proudlycanadian - Dec 20, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I am sure that it wasn’t a Canada Goose. I doubt that they taste very good. Enjoy your meal. I am a good friend of the owners of a small restaurant chain, and will be eating out a lot (I get a nice discount) over the holidays. 5 days to Christmas and 8 to my birthday.

2. youknowwhatsgoodforshoulderpain - Dec 20, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Cocaine’s a helluva drug!

3. historiophiliac - Dec 20, 2012 at 9:53 AM

101 days!

4. joewilliesshnoz - Dec 20, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Looks like Hanrahan’s stock just went up.

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (3061)