Dec 20, 2012, 4:03 PM EDT
Tateyama pitched well as rookie in 2011 after coming over from Japan, throwing 44 innings with a 4.50 ERA and 43/11 K/BB ratio, but got knocked around in the majors this year and spent most of the season at Triple-A.
His numbers there were very strong, with a 1.13 ERA and 45/7 K/BB ratio in 40 innings, so the Rangers did well to keep him in the organization as bullpen depth and it wouldn’t be surprising to see him back in the majors as a middle reliever.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)