Dec 20, 2012, 4:03 PM EST
Tateyama pitched well as rookie in 2011 after coming over from Japan, throwing 44 innings with a 4.50 ERA and 43/11 K/BB ratio, but got knocked around in the majors this year and spent most of the season at Triple-A.
His numbers there were very strong, with a 1.13 ERA and 45/7 K/BB ratio in 40 innings, so the Rangers did well to keep him in the organization as bullpen depth and it wouldn’t be surprising to see him back in the majors as a middle reliever.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 64
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 30
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)