Dec 20, 2012, 4:03 PM EDT
Tateyama pitched well as rookie in 2011 after coming over from Japan, throwing 44 innings with a 4.50 ERA and 43/11 K/BB ratio, but got knocked around in the majors this year and spent most of the season at Triple-A.
His numbers there were very strong, with a 1.13 ERA and 45/7 K/BB ratio in 40 innings, so the Rangers did well to keep him in the organization as bullpen depth and it wouldn’t be surprising to see him back in the majors as a middle reliever.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 11
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 16
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)