Dec 20, 2012, 5:22 PM EST
LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the Twins “have been in contact” with Harden’s agent and adds that “this one is heating up pretty quickly.”
Well, at least as quickly as someone almost surely signing a minor-league deal can heat up.
Harden hasn’t had an ERA below 5.00 since 2009 and even when pitching well he never stayed healthy, but if the price is low enough he’s not a bad flier at age 31. I’ve always wondered why, after so many injuries, Harden didn’t shift to the bullpen full time, but presumably the rotation-starved Twins would be looking at him as a starter.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 44
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)