Dec 21, 2012, 10:52 AM EDT
Harden missed all of last season following shoulder surgery and hasn’t had an ERA below 5.00 since 2009, so much of the upside he once possessed has vanished, but he’s still just 31 years old and had good strikeout totals even while performing poorly overall in 2010 and 2011.
At some point it would make sense for a team to see if Harden can stay healthy and effective as a full-time reliever, but that hasn’t happened yet and the Twins figure to give him an opportunity to win a spot in their rebuilt rotation. Don’t count on it happening, but for a no-risk minor-league deal he’s a decent flier to take.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 14
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 97
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 71
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (99)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)