Dec 22, 2012, 6:45 PM EST
From MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy comes word that the Brewers have signed free agent reliever Jim Hoey to a minor league contract. The deal does not include an invitation to spring training, so Hoey won’t be up for a spot on Milwaukee’s Opening Day roster.
The 29-year-old New Jersey native posted an ugly 4.60 ERA, 1.67 WHIP and 45/42 K/BB ratio in 60 2/3 innings this past season at Triple-A Las Vegas — an affiliate of the Blue Jays. He did not get a call-up.
Hoey has made 61 appearances in the majors to the tune of a 7.02 career ERA and 1.85 career WHIP.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 129
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 21
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 244
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (257)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)