Dec 22, 2012, 6:45 PM EDT
From MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy comes word that the Brewers have signed free agent reliever Jim Hoey to a minor league contract. The deal does not include an invitation to spring training, so Hoey won’t be up for a spot on Milwaukee’s Opening Day roster.
The 29-year-old New Jersey native posted an ugly 4.60 ERA, 1.67 WHIP and 45/42 K/BB ratio in 60 2/3 innings this past season at Triple-A Las Vegas — an affiliate of the Blue Jays. He did not get a call-up.
Hoey has made 61 appearances in the majors to the tune of a 7.02 career ERA and 1.85 career WHIP.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)