Dec 23, 2012, 9:03 AM EST
2013: $5 million
2014: $8.5 million
2015: $8.5 million
Ross will also recieve a $3 million signing bonus.
There’s a club option for the 2016 campaign worth $9.5 million. It carries a $1 million buyout.
Ross, 32, batted .267/.326/.481 with 22 home runs and 81 RBI in 130 games this past season for the Red Sox. He’s either going to start in left field (if the Snakes trade Jason Kubel) or right (if Justin Upton is moved). Adam Eaton will play center.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 15
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 74
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 140
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (140)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)