Dec 23, 2012, 9:03 AM EST
2013: $5 million
2014: $8.5 million
2015: $8.5 million
Ross will also recieve a $3 million signing bonus.
There’s a club option for the 2016 campaign worth $9.5 million. It carries a $1 million buyout.
Ross, 32, batted .267/.326/.481 with 22 home runs and 81 RBI in 130 games this past season for the Red Sox. He’s either going to start in left field (if the Snakes trade Jason Kubel) or right (if Justin Upton is moved). Adam Eaton will play center.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 329
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (329)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)