Dec 23, 2012, 9:03 AM EDT
2013: $5 million
2014: $8.5 million
2015: $8.5 million
Ross will also recieve a $3 million signing bonus.
There’s a club option for the 2016 campaign worth $9.5 million. It carries a $1 million buyout.
Ross, 32, batted .267/.326/.481 with 22 home runs and 81 RBI in 130 games this past season for the Red Sox. He’s either going to start in left field (if the Snakes trade Jason Kubel) or right (if Justin Upton is moved). Adam Eaton will play center.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)