Dec 23, 2012, 9:03 AM EDT
2013: $5 million
2014: $8.5 million
2015: $8.5 million
Ross will also recieve a $3 million signing bonus.
There’s a club option for the 2016 campaign worth $9.5 million. It carries a $1 million buyout.
Ross, 32, batted .267/.326/.481 with 22 home runs and 81 RBI in 130 games this past season for the Red Sox. He’s either going to start in left field (if the Snakes trade Jason Kubel) or right (if Justin Upton is moved). Adam Eaton will play center.
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 0
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 19
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)