Dec 24, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
While the Rays like to delay the arbitration/free agent clock on all their young players, [Wil] Myers will most surely begin the year at Triple A Durham so he can continue to develop and so he can build the confidence that comes with playing everyday before he faces the bright lights of the major leagues for the first time.
I hope the AL MVP award comes down to Mike Trout, whose case is one of counting stats, and Myers, who has amazing rate stats. The people who hate both rate stats and who think prospects like Myers are overrated will be at risk of ‘asploding heads.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 45
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 26
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 42
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)