Dec 25, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
Way to kill our holiday vibe, Andruw Jones. Via Capitol Avenue Club: Andruw Jones was arrested just before 4AM this morning and charged with battery. Here’s the booking page from the Gwinnett County Sheriff.
No details have been reported, but not much good involving an athlete has ever happened at 4AM on Christmas morning.
Jones, late of the New York Yankees, recently signed a one year, $3.5 million contract with the Rakuten Eagles of Japan’s Pacific League. One wonders if there are any clauses in that contract which, as a result of these charges, could lead to trouble for Mr. Jones with his new employer.
(thanks to ProudlyCanadian for the heads up)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 22
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (103)