Dec 25, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
Way to kill our holiday vibe, Andruw Jones. Via Capitol Avenue Club: Andruw Jones was arrested just before 4AM this morning and charged with battery. Here’s the booking page from the Gwinnett County Sheriff.
No details have been reported, but not much good involving an athlete has ever happened at 4AM on Christmas morning.
Jones, late of the New York Yankees, recently signed a one year, $3.5 million contract with the Rakuten Eagles of Japan’s Pacific League. One wonders if there are any clauses in that contract which, as a result of these charges, could lead to trouble for Mr. Jones with his new employer.
(thanks to ProudlyCanadian for the heads up)
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 7
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 11
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)