Dec 25, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
Way to kill our holiday vibe, Andruw Jones. Via Capitol Avenue Club: Andruw Jones was arrested just before 4AM this morning and charged with battery. Here’s the booking page from the Gwinnett County Sheriff.
No details have been reported, but not much good involving an athlete has ever happened at 4AM on Christmas morning.
Jones, late of the New York Yankees, recently signed a one year, $3.5 million contract with the Rakuten Eagles of Japan’s Pacific League. One wonders if there are any clauses in that contract which, as a result of these charges, could lead to trouble for Mr. Jones with his new employer.
(thanks to ProudlyCanadian for the heads up)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)