Dec 25, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
Way to kill our holiday vibe, Andruw Jones. Via Capitol Avenue Club: Andruw Jones was arrested just before 4AM this morning and charged with battery. Here’s the booking page from the Gwinnett County Sheriff.
No details have been reported, but not much good involving an athlete has ever happened at 4AM on Christmas morning.
Jones, late of the New York Yankees, recently signed a one year, $3.5 million contract with the Rakuten Eagles of Japan’s Pacific League. One wonders if there are any clauses in that contract which, as a result of these charges, could lead to trouble for Mr. Jones with his new employer.
(thanks to ProudlyCanadian for the heads up)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69