Dec 25, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
Way to kill our holiday vibe, Andruw Jones. Via Capitol Avenue Club: Andruw Jones was arrested just before 4AM this morning and charged with battery. Here’s the booking page from the Gwinnett County Sheriff.
No details have been reported, but not much good involving an athlete has ever happened at 4AM on Christmas morning.
Jones, late of the New York Yankees, recently signed a one year, $3.5 million contract with the Rakuten Eagles of Japan’s Pacific League. One wonders if there are any clauses in that contract which, as a result of these charges, could lead to trouble for Mr. Jones with his new employer.
(thanks to ProudlyCanadian for the heads up)
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 3
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 60
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 103
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 74
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 75
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)