Dec 26, 2012, 11:30 AM EST
For your reading, um, enjoyment (?) Rob Neyer picks out what he feels is the worst baseball writing of the year.
I think we highlighted all of those nominees when they occurred, but man, I still can’t believe they actually occurred. Especially that Nick Canepa one about Yasmani Grandal‘s PED suspension. That was maybe the worst thing I’ve seen in a couple of years, mostly for just how overwrought it is for a relatively pedestrian event.
Kinda bummed I wasn’t nominated, but there’s always next year.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)