Dec 26, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
For your reading, um, enjoyment (?) Rob Neyer picks out what he feels is the worst baseball writing of the year.
I think we highlighted all of those nominees when they occurred, but man, I still can’t believe they actually occurred. Especially that Nick Canepa one about Yasmani Grandal‘s PED suspension. That was maybe the worst thing I’ve seen in a couple of years, mostly for just how overwrought it is for a relatively pedestrian event.
Kinda bummed I wasn’t nominated, but there’s always next year.
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 4
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 51
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)