Dec 26, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
For your reading, um, enjoyment (?) Rob Neyer picks out what he feels is the worst baseball writing of the year.
I think we highlighted all of those nominees when they occurred, but man, I still can’t believe they actually occurred. Especially that Nick Canepa one about Yasmani Grandal‘s PED suspension. That was maybe the worst thing I’ve seen in a couple of years, mostly for just how overwrought it is for a relatively pedestrian event.
Kinda bummed I wasn’t nominated, but there’s always next year.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (76)