Dec 27, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Two months ago Carlton Fisk was arrested and charged with a DUI in Illinois after allegedly driving his truck into the middle of a cornfield and then falling asleep with a bottle of vodka next to him.
Today the Hall of Fame catcher pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor, for which he got one year of court supervision and a $1,250 bill for court costs.
Steve Schmadeke of the Chicago Tribune reports that Fisk was also found to be under the influence of prescription drugs and “will have to undergo a drug and alcohol evaluation as well as counseling, and attend a victim impact panel.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (77)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (71)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (70)