Dec 27, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
Two months ago Carlton Fisk was arrested and charged with a DUI in Illinois after allegedly driving his truck into the middle of a cornfield and then falling asleep with a bottle of vodka next to him.
Today the Hall of Fame catcher pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor, for which he got one year of court supervision and a $1,250 bill for court costs.
Steve Schmadeke of the Chicago Tribune reports that Fisk was also found to be under the influence of prescription drugs and “will have to undergo a drug and alcohol evaluation as well as counseling, and attend a victim impact panel.”
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)