Dec 27, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Two months ago Carlton Fisk was arrested and charged with a DUI in Illinois after allegedly driving his truck into the middle of a cornfield and then falling asleep with a bottle of vodka next to him.
Today the Hall of Fame catcher pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor, for which he got one year of court supervision and a $1,250 bill for court costs.
Steve Schmadeke of the Chicago Tribune reports that Fisk was also found to be under the influence of prescription drugs and “will have to undergo a drug and alcohol evaluation as well as counseling, and attend a victim impact panel.”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)