Dec 27, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
Takahashi posted a lousy 5.54 ERA over 51 relief appearances this season between the Angels and Pirates. However, he compiled solid secondary numbers, including a 52/14 K/BB ratio in 50 1/3 innings.
Takahashi had a 3.44 ERA with the Angels in 2011 and a 3.61 ERA with the Mets during his first season stateside in 2010, so it wouldn’t be surprising to see him win a bullpen spot. The southpaw turns 38 in April.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 65
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 44
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (70)