Dec 27, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
Takahashi posted a lousy 5.54 ERA over 51 relief appearances this season between the Angels and Pirates. However, he compiled solid secondary numbers, including a 52/14 K/BB ratio in 50 1/3 innings.
Takahashi had a 3.44 ERA with the Angels in 2011 and a 3.61 ERA with the Mets during his first season stateside in 2010, so it wouldn’t be surprising to see him win a bullpen spot. The southpaw turns 38 in April.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 18
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 63
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)