Dec 27, 2012, 1:43 PM EDT
Laffey has pitched for four different teams in the past three seasons, splitting time between the bullpen and rotation, and the 27-year-old left-hander has a 4.38 career ERA in 474 innings.
That includes a 4.56 ERA in 101 innings for Toronto this year, although with a 48/37 K/BB ratio and 17 homers allowed he didn’t actually pitch as well as that decent ERA would suggest. Still, not a bad addition for depth.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 14
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 75
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)