Dec 27, 2012, 1:43 PM EDT
Laffey has pitched for four different teams in the past three seasons, splitting time between the bullpen and rotation, and the 27-year-old left-hander has a 4.38 career ERA in 474 innings.
That includes a 4.56 ERA in 101 innings for Toronto this year, although with a 48/37 K/BB ratio and 17 homers allowed he didn’t actually pitch as well as that decent ERA would suggest. Still, not a bad addition for depth.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 3
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 20
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 217
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (217)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)