Dec 27, 2012, 1:43 PM EST
Laffey has pitched for four different teams in the past three seasons, splitting time between the bullpen and rotation, and the 27-year-old left-hander has a 4.38 career ERA in 474 innings.
That includes a 4.56 ERA in 101 innings for Toronto this year, although with a 48/37 K/BB ratio and 17 homers allowed he didn’t actually pitch as well as that decent ERA would suggest. Still, not a bad addition for depth.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 8
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 55
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 69
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)