Dec 27, 2012, 1:43 PM EST
Laffey has pitched for four different teams in the past three seasons, splitting time between the bullpen and rotation, and the 27-year-old left-hander has a 4.38 career ERA in 474 innings.
That includes a 4.56 ERA in 101 innings for Toronto this year, although with a 48/37 K/BB ratio and 17 homers allowed he didn’t actually pitch as well as that decent ERA would suggest. Still, not a bad addition for depth.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)