Dec 27, 2012, 4:52 PM EDT
News today that the Red Sox are talking to Adam LaRoche smell distinctly like something leaked by the Red Sox in order to put pressure on Mike Napoli as the two sides try to figure out to do with his contract in light of his bum hip. Seems like Mike Napoli can play that game too:
According to multiple baseball sources, at least one team has been in communication with Mike Napoli’s representatives regarding the free agent infielder’s status since negotiations with the Red Sox hit a snag.
That’s from Rob Bradford of WEEI.
Whatever. It strikes me as odd that the Red Sox are playing hardball with Napoli on the hip issue here. If they’re not careful he’ll go back to Toronto or on to New York or something and beat their brains out 19 times a season.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)