Dec 27, 2012, 4:52 PM EST
News today that the Red Sox are talking to Adam LaRoche smell distinctly like something leaked by the Red Sox in order to put pressure on Mike Napoli as the two sides try to figure out to do with his contract in light of his bum hip. Seems like Mike Napoli can play that game too:
According to multiple baseball sources, at least one team has been in communication with Mike Napoli’s representatives regarding the free agent infielder’s status since negotiations with the Red Sox hit a snag.
That’s from Rob Bradford of WEEI.
Whatever. It strikes me as odd that the Red Sox are playing hardball with Napoli on the hip issue here. If they’re not careful he’ll go back to Toronto or on to New York or something and beat their brains out 19 times a season.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)