Dec 27, 2012, 10:40 AM EDT
Uniwatch’s Paul Lukas has an exclusive look at the new batting practice/spring training caps for 2013. The good: they have gotten rid of the little stretch panels and superfluous striping and look more like regular caps now. The bad: some of the designs are lame.
Oh, and there’s ugly. For reasons that completely escape me given how the team has slowly eliminated native American iconography from their uniforms (i.e. getting rid of the tomahawk on the alternate jerseys, etc.), the Braves have unveiled a hideous BP cap with that old “screaming Indian” logo. Most of us had thought that they had canned that thing, but apparently not. Poor, poor form, Atlanta.
That aside, the missteps are merely ones of color schemes. And some of the new ones look downright cool.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69