Dec 28, 2012, 7:29 PM EDT
We haven’t heard much about Brian Wilson recently, but CBS Sports’ Scott Miller reports that he’s drawing “lots of interest” in free agency. While he isn’t close to signing yet, he has narrowed down his list of potential landing spots from nine or 10 teams to around five. It’s not clear if any of those teams will offer him a chance to close.
Wilson is coming back from Tommy John surgery, so chances are he’ll have to settle for something similar to Ryan Madson‘s recent deal with the Angels. Madson will make a $3.5 million base salary in 2013 and could earn an additional $2.5 million in roster bonuses and another $1 million based on games finished.
Wilson, who turns 31 in March, has a 3.21 ERA and 171 saves over seven seasons in the majors. He’s expected to be cleared for spring training and Opening Day.
- One PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is good. The other PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is bad 61
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 36
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)