Dec 28, 2012, 7:29 PM EDT
We haven’t heard much about Brian Wilson recently, but CBS Sports’ Scott Miller reports that he’s drawing “lots of interest” in free agency. While he isn’t close to signing yet, he has narrowed down his list of potential landing spots from nine or 10 teams to around five. It’s not clear if any of those teams will offer him a chance to close.
Wilson is coming back from Tommy John surgery, so chances are he’ll have to settle for something similar to Ryan Madson‘s recent deal with the Angels. Madson will make a $3.5 million base salary in 2013 and could earn an additional $2.5 million in roster bonuses and another $1 million based on games finished.
Wilson, who turns 31 in March, has a 3.21 ERA and 171 saves over seven seasons in the majors. He’s expected to be cleared for spring training and Opening Day.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 33
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 28
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 39
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 220
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)